The bonus works out at a juicy 7 weeks pay. It's slightly down on last year in light of the fact that the group's profits have dropped a bit while other retailers took a hammering.
But partners can console themselves with:
* their non-contributory final salary pension scheme which they can join after 3 years' service
* 5 holiday complexes for staff, including golf courses in Berkshire and Hampshire, a sailing club and holiday resorts in the Lake District and on Brownsea Island
* discounts on most purchases in John Lewis and Waitrose
* 25 days paid holiday after 3 years, rising to 30 days after 10 years, then a full six months off after 25 years
* cheap lunch, life assurance and more.
No wonder they stick around!